Notable software from Tom
Software libraries and development tools that I have written
- horetu creates command-line interfaces to Python functions.
- urchin is a test-runner written in shell and designed for testing portable shell programs (Also see Unix-style tests.)
- vlermv is a filesystem-backed Python dict that makes file access convenient.
End-user tools that I have written
Data collection services that I have written and maintained
- treasury.io (with csv soundsystem)
- New York City crime map
- Wetlands data
- Scott is a system for cataloging very particular regulatory information.
- Microfinance data
Interesting experimental tools
- Quickly estimating the contents of files: These tools construct statistically valid surveys based on the structure of the file and the filesystem.
- hrheo is a declarative language for specification of schemas and manipulations of wide data tables. It provides detailed logs and flexible data validations.
- funmap merges the concepts of function, data type, and state (tuples/objects). It makes pure functional Python code a bit easier to write.
Significant patches to other peoples' projects