The thing I like about showing people how to use computers is that I eventually see that a bunch of people are wondering the same thing. And then I write an article about it so I don't have to show people that thing anymore.
These are instructions for common computer tasks.
- How to make a personal website
- Running shell commands
- Computer introduction syllabus
- Switching to command line
- How I do general computing tasks
- Configuring web servers
These are about parsing diverse file formats.
- How I parse PDF files.
- How to search PDF and similar document formats
- Web sites to data tables
- R for people who already know something about programming
- Installing Selenium in 2012
Tom-style data analysis software
Other specialized things
- Testing shell programs
- Beaglebone power supplies
- XML parsers in different languages
- Link support in version control systems
Relatively theoretical things
- Templating languages
- Binary files
- Web sites to data tables (conceptual)
- Computer hardware games