The thing I like about showing people how to use computers is that I eventually see that a bunch of people are wondering the same thing. And then I write an article about it so I don't have to show people that thing anymore.
These are specific instructions on how to do certain things.
- R Spells for Data wizards
- How I parse PDF files.
- Running shell commands
- Web sites to data tables
- R for people who already know something about programming
- How to make a personal website
- Beaglebone power supplies
- Computer introduction syllabus
Here are some relatively theoretical things.
- Two meanings of "variable"
- Data tables
- Binary files
- Separating data-cleaning from data-analyzing
Some small tips
And some stuff that is only tangentially related to computers